Print Machine Operator – Peterborough – Salary up to £37,000 DOE
Our client is a leading provider of receipt and innovative label solutions which create value for our customers by enhancing transaction recording, ensuring order accuracy and improving operational efficiency.
The Print Machine Operator is responsible for supporting goals of the plant in efficient operation of a flexographic press, printing labels to specification ensuring consistent quality.
This is a technical and skilled position requiring strong mechanical aptitude and previous flexographic press experience. The right candidate should have solid print environment experience, strong math skills, good attendance, and a desire to grow and learn with a label career focus.
The candidate will report to the Plant Manager therefore will need to have continuous improvement mindset and a focus on health & safety. The following skills and experience are ideally required:
- Follow all standard safety guidelines
- Set up/adjust label press for job runs to meet specifications
- Mix and match colours to PMS book. Must have working knowledge of ink management for water base and UV inks.
- Monitor product and computerized equipment for quality during job runs. Check precision of detail against specifications and action any problems
- Print jobs maintaining optimum production rate, colour density, registration, and quality standard within company and customer guidelines
- interface with production software to record job status, material, and labour information
- Comply with all company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines
- Ensure proper cleanliness of press, work station, and immediate press area by following good housekeeping practice.
5 days a week, Monday to Friday (6am-2pm, 2pm – 10pm, 10pm-6am)
-Exhibit safety-first attitude from proper PPE compliance to maintaining an environmentally safe and hazard-free work environment. Compliance with all workplace and product safety standards required
-The candidate will need at least 2 years’ experience in label manufacturing process
-The ability to perform in a fast-paced team environment and adapt to change
-Basic computer skills
-Demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills
-Positive attitude and quality conscious
-Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
-Responsible for working required overtime
This is a truly great opportunity and the successful candidate will receive a very competitive salary package, additional benefits and the chance to grow within a long standing, well established team!
DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY – APPLY NOW!
Get Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application for this position has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.